Bravo pH Instructions
You must speak with someone at the surgical center to confirm your appt time 2 days before your procedure.
- Please speak to your Physician if you are taking ASPIRIN, PRADAXA, XARELTO, PLAVIX, COUMADIN
or HEPARIN or any medication to thin the blood or prevent clotting.
- Please take your BLOOD PRESSURE, HEART and LUNG medications the morning of your procedure with a
very small sip of water.
- Stop 1 week prior to testing: Prilosec (omeprazole), Prevacid (lansoprazole), Nexium (esomeprazole), Aciphex (rabeprazole), Protonix (pantoprazole), Dexilant (dexlansoprazole)
5 DAYS BEFORE TESTING
- Discontinue taking your reflux medication unless your Gastroenterology Associates of Florida physician directs you differently.
- Do not take any anti-inflammatory medications such as Mobic, Ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin, Naproxen,
Aleve, Celebrex, Bextra or other arthritis medications
- Tylenol (Acetaminophen) is permitted.
3 DAYS BEFORE TESTING
- Stop taking: Zantac (ranitidine), Pepcid (famotidine), Axid (nizatidine), Tagamet (cimetidine)
DAY BEFORE TESTING:
24 hours prior to testing stop taking: Maalox, Mylanta, Tums, Rolaids, Amphogel, Gaviscon
NOTHING TO EAT OR DRINK AFTER MIDNIGHT or THE MORNING OF THE
PROCEDURE except for your morning medications with a VERY SMALL sip of water.
*YOU WILL BE AT THE HOSPITAL or CENTER FOR APPROXIMATELY 2 HOURS.
*YOU MUST HAVE SOMEONE AVAILABLE TO DRIVE YOU HOME.
*You may NOT get an MRI study within 30 days after your procedure.