COLONOSCOPY PREP INSTRUCTIONS WITH CLENPIQ
You must speak with someone at the surgical center to confirm your appt time 2 days before your procedure.
- Please speak to your Physician if you are taking ASPIRIN, PRADAXA, XARELTO, PLAVIX, COUMADIN HEPARIN, ELIQUIS, EFFIENT or any medication to thin the blood or prevent clotting.
- Please speak to your Physician if you are DIABETIC for instructions on your medications.
- Please take your BLOOD PRESSURE, HEART and LUNG medications the morning of your procedure with a
very small sip of water.
5 Days Before Procedure
- Discontinue taking anti-inflammatory medications such as Mobic, Ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin, Naproxen, Aleve,
Celebrex, Bextra or other arthritis medications.
- Tylenol (Acetaminophen) is permitted.
- Discontinue use of Fish Oils, Omega Vitamins and Vitamin E
DAY BEFORE PROCEDURE:
Upon waking, begin a clear liquid diet (no solid food or dairy products). It is important to drink
lots of fluids to prevent dehydration. Drink at least 8 ounces of clear liquids every hour.
At 6:00 P.M., Unscrew the bottle top and drink the entire bottle of Clenpiq.
Follow with (5) five-8 oz cups of a clear liquid of your choice over the next five (5) hours (total
MORNING OF PROCEDURE:
Six (6) hours before your procedure time, you’ll drink the second bottle of Clenpiq.
Follow with (3) three-8 oz cups of a clear liquid of your choice over the next hour (total of 24 oz).
****NOTHING TO EAT OR DRINK AFTER MIDNIGHT except FOR STEP 4 & 5 and your morning medications
with a VERY SMALL sip of water****
*YOU WILL BE AT THE HOSPITAL or CENTER FOR APPROXIMATELY 2 HOURS.
*YOU MUST HAVE SOMEONE AVAILABLE TO DRIVE YOU HOME.