EGD – ERCP Preparation Instructions
You must speak with someone at the surgical center to confirm your appt time 2 days before your procedure.
- Please speak to your Physician if you are taking ASPIRIN, PRADAXA, XARELTO, PLAVIX, COUMADIN HEPARIN, ELIQUIS, EFFIENT or any medication to thin the blood or prevent clotting.
- Please speak to your Physician if you are DIABETIC for instructions on your medications.
- Please take your BLOOD PRESSURE, HEART and LUNG medications the morning of your procedure with a
very small sip of water.
5 Days Before Procedure
- Discontinue taking anti-inflammatory medications such as Mobic, Ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin, Naproxen, Aleve,
Celebrex, Bextra or other arthritis medications.
- Tylenol (Acetaminophen) is permitted.
- Stop us of any Fish Oils, Omega Vitamins and Vitamin E
DAY BEFORE PROCEDURE:
NOTHING TO EAT OR DRINK AFTER MIDNIGHT or THE MORNING OF THE PROCEDURE except for your morning medications with a VERY SMALL sip of water.
*YOU WILL BE AT THE HOSPITAL or CENTER FOR APPROXIMATELY 2 HOURS.
*YOU MUST HAVE SOMEONE AVAILABLE TO DRIVE YOU HOME.