Flexible Sigmoidoscopy HET Prep Instructions
You must speak with someone at the surgical center to confirm your appt time 2 days before your procedure.
- Please speak to your Physician if you are taking ASPIRIN, PRADAXA, XARELTO, PLAVIX, COUMADIN HEPARIN, ELIQUIS, EFFIENT or any medication to thin the blood or prevent clotting.
- Please speak to your Physician if you are DIABETIC for instructions on your medications.
- Please take your BLOOD PRESSURE, HEART and LUNG medications the morning of your procedure with a
very small sip of water.
5 Days Before Procedure
- Discontinue taking anti-inflammatory medications such as Mobic, Ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin, Naproxen, Aleve,
Celebrex, Bextra or other arthritis medications.
- Tylenol (Acetaminophen) is permitted.
DAY BEFORE PROCEDURE:
Light breakfast followed by a clear liquid diet. DO NOT DRINK ANY LIQUIDS THAT CONTAIN RED DYE.
At 5:00 p.m. drink the entire bottle of Citrate of Magnesium. Remain close to toilet facilities.
You may continue drinking clear liquids until midnight.
****NOTHING TO EAT OR DRINK AFTER MIDNIGHT****
MORNING OF PROCEDURE:
Two hours before your procedure, the enemas must be completed.
• Insert one enema and expel it.
• Wait 15 minutes
• Insert the second enema and expel it.
*YOU WILL BE AT THE HOSPITAL or CENTER FOR APPROXIMATELY 2 HOURS.
*YOU MUST HAVE SOMEONE AVAILABLE TO DRIVE YOU HOME.