Miralax Prep Instructions for Colonoscopy
You must speak with someone at the surgical center to confirm your appt time 2 days before your procedure.
- Please speak to your Physician if you are taking ASPIRIN, PRADAXA, XARELTO, PLAVIX, COUMADIN HEPARIN, ELIQUIS, EFFIENT or any medication to thin the blood or prevent clotting.
- Please speak to your Physician if you are DIABETIC for instructions on your medications.
- Please take your BLOOD PRESSURE, HEART and LUNG medications the morning of your procedure with a
very small sip of water.
5 Days Before Procedure
- Discontinue taking anti-inflammatory medications such as Mobic, Ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin, Naproxen, Aleve,
Celebrex, Bextra or other arthritis medications.
- Tylenol (Acetaminophen) is permitted.
- Discontinue use of Fish Oils, Omega Vitamins and Vitamin E
DAY BEFORE PROCEDURE:
Begin a clear liquid diet in the morning (no solid food or dairy products). It is important to drink
lots of fluids to prevent dehydration. Try to drink at least 8 ounces of liquid every hour.
At 8:00 AM, Mix the 238g Bottle of Miralax with the 64oz Gatorade. Shake until Miralax is
At 6:00 PM, Take 4 dulcolax tablets with 8 oz of clear liquids
You may continue to drink clear liquids until midnight.
MORNING OF PROCEDURE:
**YOUR LAST GLASS MUST BE FINISHED 5 HOURS BEFORE
YOUR ARRIVAL AT THE CENTER OR HOSPITAL**
SIX HOURS before your procedure arrival time, begin drinking the remainder of the solution.
Drink an 8 oz glass every 10-15 minutes until the bottle is empty. If you become nauseated, stop
drinking for 15 minutes, then start drinking again.
****NOTHING TO EAT OR DRINK AFTER MIDNIGHT except FOR STEP 5 and your morning medications
with a VERY SMALL sip of water.
*YOU WILL BE AT THE HOSPITAL or CENTER FOR APPROXIMATELY 2 HOURS.
*YOU MUST HAVE SOMEONE AVAILABLE TO DRIVE YOU HOME.