You must speak with someone at the surgical center to confirm your appt time 2 days before your procedure.
- Please speak to your Physician if you are taking ASPIRIN, PRADAXA, XARELTO, PLAVIX, COUMADIN HEPARIN, ELIQUIS, EFFIENT or any medication to thin the blood or prevent clotting.
- Please take your BLOOD PRESSURE, HEART and LUNG medications the morning of your procedure with a
very small sip of water.
5 Days Before Procedure
- Discontinue taking anti-inflammatory medications such as Mobic, Ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin, Naproxen, Aleve,
Celebrex, Bextra or other arthritis medications.
- Tylenol (Acetaminophen) is permitted.
- Stop us of any Fish Oils, Omega Vitamins and Vitamin E
DAY BEFORE PROCEDURE:
Begin a clear liquid diet in the morning (no solid food or dairy products), It is important to drink
lots of fluids to prevent dehydration, Try to drink at least 8 ounces of liquid every hour.
At 8:00 A.M., empty one of the packets A and B into the disposable container provided. Add
lukewarm water to the top line. Mix to dissolve. Refrigerate.
At 6:00 P.M., begin drinking the solution. Drink the solution down to the next mark every 15
minutes until the solution is finished. (Should take 1 hour).
Drink 16 oz of a clear liquid of your choice. Then empty the remaining packets A and B into the
disposable container provided, Add lukewarm water to the top line, Mix to dissolve.
Refrigerate, You may continue to drink clear liquids until midnight .
MORNING OF PROCEDURE:
**YOUR LAST GLASS MUST BE FINISHED 5 HOURS BEFORE YOUR
ARRIVAL AT THE CENTER OR HOSPITAL**
Six and a half hours before your procedure arrival time, begin drinking the solution, Drink
the Solution down to the. next mark every 15 minutes until the solution is finished. (Should only
take 1 hour)
Drink 16 oz of a clear liquid of your choice. (Should only take 30 minutes)
****NOTHING TO EAT OR DRINK AFTER MIDNIGHT except FOR STEP 3 and your morning medications
with a VERY SMALL sip of water
*YOU WILL BE AT THE HOSPITAL or CENTER FOR APPROXIMATELY 2 HOURS.
*YOU MUST HAVE SOMEONE AVAILABLE TO DRIVE YOU HOME.