OSMO Prep Tablets
You must speak with someone at the surgical center to confirm your appt time 2 days before your procedure.
- Please speak to your Physician if you are taking ASPIRIN, PRADAXA, XARELTO, PLAVIX, COUMADIN HEPARIN, ELIQUIS, EFFIENT or any medication to thin the blood or prevent clotting.
- Please speak to your Physician if you are DIABETIC for instructions on your medications.
- Please take your BLOOD PRESSURE, HEART and LUNG medications the morning of your procedure with a
very small sip of water.
5 Days Before Procedure
- Discontinue taking anti-inflammatory medications such as Mobic, Ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin, Naproxen, Aleve,
Celebrex, Bextra or other arthritis medications.
- Tylenol (Acetaminophen) is permitted.
- Discontinue use of Fish Oils, Omega Vitamins and Vitamin E
DAY BEFORE PROCEDURE:
Begin a clear liquid diet in the morning (no solid food or dairy products). It is important to drink: lots of
fluids to prevent dehydration. Try to drink at least 8 ounces of liquid every hour.
At 6:00 P.M., begin you first dosing regimen. Take 4 Osmo Prep Tablets with at least 8 ounces of a clear
liquid every 15 minutes until you have taken a total of 20 tablets. Remain close to toilet facilities.
Continue drinking clear liquids until midnight .
MORNING OF PROCEDURE:
**YOUR LAST GLASS MUST BE FINISHED 5 HOURS BEFORE
YOUR ARRIVAL AT THE CENTER OR HOSPITAL**
Six hours before your procedure arrival time, begin your second dosing regimen. Take 4 Osmo Prep
Tablets with at least 8 ounces of clear liquid every 15 minutes until you have taken a total of 12 tablets.
One dose (4 tablets with 8 oz of any clear liquid) every
15 minutes for a total of 5 doses (20 tablets)
One dose every 15 minutes for a total of 3 doses (12 tablets)
****NOTHING TO EAT OR DRINK AFTER MIDNIGHT except FOR STEP 3 and your morning medications
with a VERY SMALL sip of water****
*YOU WILL BE AT THE HOSPITAL or CENTER FOR APPROXIMATELY 2 HOURS.
*YOU MUST HAVE SOMEONE AVAILABLE TO DRIVE YOU HOME.