PLENVU Prep Instructions
COLONOSCOPY PREP INSTRUCTIONS WITH PLENVU
You must speak with someone at the surgical center to confirm your appt time 2 days before your procedure.
- Please speak to your Physician if you are taking ASPIRIN, PRADAXA, XARELTO, PLAVIX, COUMADIN HEPARIN, ELIQUIS, EFFIENT, BRILINTA or any medication to thin the blood or prevent clotting.
- Please speak to your Physician if you are DIABETIC for instructions on your medications.
- Please take your BLOOD PRESSURE, HEART and LUNG medications the morning of your procedure with a
very small sip of water.
5 Days Before Procedure
- Discontinue taking anti-inflammatory medications such as Mobic, Ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin, Naproxen, Aleve,
Celebrex, Bextra or other arthritis medications.
- Discontinue us ofny Fish Oils, Omega Vitamins and Vitamin E.
- Tylenol (Acetaminophen) is permitted.
DAY BEFORE PROCEDURE:
STEP 1: Begin a clear liquid diet in the morning (no solid food or dairy products all day). It is important to drink lots of fluids to prevent dehydration. Try to drink at least 8 ounces every hour.
STEP 2 A: At 6:00 PM, use the mixing container to mix the contents of the Dose 1 pouch with at least 16 ounces of water until completely dissolved. Take your time- slowly finish the dose within 30 minutes.
STEP 2 B:Refill the container with at least 16 ounces of a clear liquid and slowly drink within the next 30 minutes.
MORNING OF PROCEDURE:
STEP 3 A: Use the mixing container to mix the contents of the Dose 2 (pouch A and pouch B) with at least 16 ounces of water until completely dissolved. Take your time-slowly finish within 30 minutes.
STEP 3 B: Refill the container with at least 16 ounces of a clear liquid and slowly drink within the next 30 minutes.
****NOTHING TO EAT OR DRINK AFTER MIDNIGHT except FOR STEP 3 and your morning medications
with a VERY SMALL sip of water****
*YOU WILL BE AT THE HOSPITAL or CENTER FOR APPROXIMATELY 2 HOURS.
*YOU MUST HAVE SOMEONE AVAILABLE TO DRIVE YOU HOME.