SUPREP Prep Instructions
COLONOSCOPY PREP INSTRUCTIONS WITH SUPREP
You mustspeak with someone at the surgical center to confirm your appt time 2 days before your procedure.
- Do not take any anti-inflammatory medications such as Mobic, Ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin, Naproxen, Aleve,
Celebrex, Bextra or other arthritis medications for 5 days prior to your procedure.
Tylenol (Acetaminophen) is permitted.
- Please speak to your Physician if you are taking
- ASPIRIN, PRADAXA, XARELTO, PLAVIX, COUMADIN HEPARIN, ELIQUIS, EFFIENT or any medication to thin the blood or prevent clotting.
- Any Fish Oils, Omega Vitamins and Vitamin E must be stopped 5 days prior.
- Please take your BLOOD PRESSURE, HEART and LUNG medications the morning of your procedure with a
very small sip of water.
DAY BEFORE PROCEDURE:
Begin a clear liquid diet in the morning (no solid food or dairy products). It is important to drink
lots of fluids to prevent dehydration. Try to drink at least 8 ounces of liquid every hour.·
Pour one bottle of SUPREP into the cup provided and add water to the top line, mix and drink. Then drink two additional cups of water filled to the top line of the provided cup.
MIX GOOD FOR A FULL 3 MINUTES BY HAND ONLY!!!
MORNING OF PROCEDURE:
6 hours before procedure wake up to repeat these steps with the second bottle of SUPREP. Pour the bottle of SUPREP into the cup, add water to the top line and drink as directed. drink an additional 2 cups of water filled to the top line.
****NOTHING TO EAT OR DRINK AFTER MIDNIGHT except FOR STEP 3 and your morning medications
with a VERY SMALL sip of water****
*YOU WILL BE AT THE HOSPITAL or CENTER FOR APPROXIMATELY 2 HOURS.
*YOU MUST HAVE SOMEONE AVAILABLE TO DRIVE YOU HOME.