SUTAB Prep Instructions for Colonoscopy
YOU MUST SPEAK WITH SOMEONE AT THE SURGICAL CENTER TO CONFIRM YOUR APPT TIME 2 DAYS BEFORE YOUR PROCEDURE.
- Please speak to your Physician if you are taking ASPIRIN, PRADAXA, XARELTO, PLAVIX, COUMADIN HEPARIN, ELIQUIS, EFFIENT, BRILINTA or any medication to thin the blood or prevent clotting.
- Please speak to your Physician if you are DIABETIC for instructions on your medications.
- Any Fish Oils, Omega Vitamins and Vitamin E must be stopped 5 days prior.
- Please take your BLOOD PRESSURE, HEART and LUNG medications the morning of your procedure with a very small sip of water.
5 DAYS BEFORE PROCEDURE
- Discontinue taking anti-inflammatory medications such as Mobic, Ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin, Naproxen, Aleve, Celebrex, Bextra or other arthritis medications.
- Tylenol (Acetaminophen) is permitted.
DAY BEFORE PROCEDURE:
Begin a clear liquid diet in the morning (no solid food or dairy products). It is important to drink lots of fluids to prevent dehydration. Try to drink at least 8 ounces of liquid every hour.
First Dose: Begin at 6:00pm THE EVENING BEFORE YOUR COLONOSCOPY
Open 1 bottle of 12 tablets
Fill the provided container with 16 ounces of water (up to the fill line).
Swallow each tablet with a sip of water every 2-3 minutes. Drink the entire amount over 30 minutes. (Swallowing tablets too quickly may result in nausea or vomiting).
IMPORTANT – You MUST drink two (2) more 1 6-ounce containers of water over the next 2 hours.
Continue drinking clear liquids.
MORNING OF PROCEDURE:
**YOUR LAST GLASS MUST BE FINISHED 5 HOURS BEFORE YOUR ARRIVAL AT THE CENTER OR HOSPITAL**
SIX HOURS before your procedure arrival time, start the second bottle of 12 tablets. Repeat STEP 2 through STEP 6 as above.
**YOU MUST COMPLETE ALL SUTAB TABLETS AND REQUIRED WATER AT LEAST 4 HOURS BEFORE COLONOSCOPY**
****NOTHING TO EAT OR DRINK AFTER MIDNIGHT except FOR STEP 7 and your morning medications with a VERY SMALL sip of water.
*YOU WILL BE AT THE HOSPITAL or CENTER FOR APPROXIMATELY 2 HOURS.
*YOU MUST HAVE SOMEONE AVAILABLE TO DRIVE YOU HOME.